Brand: ICY DOCK
- Heavy duty full metal construction with suggested applications in Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
- Full Metal construction, perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements.
- Fits 2 x 7mm to 9.5mm 2.5" SATA drives/ SSD's in a 3.5" floppy drive bay.
- Supports SAS or SATA HDD/SSD at 6Gbps and is backwards compatible with SATA 3Gbps drives and hosts (SAS host is required for SAS drives)
- Supports SATA 6Gbps and hot swap.
Publisher: ICY DOCK
Details: Every year, technology is able to become more and more advanced and is constantly improving. Also, with being physically the smallest, and performing the best is the end goal of any storage system. This is why SFF (Small Form Factor) storage systems are becoming more popular due to its low power consumption and space-saving benefits. With the advent of recent solid state technology, this allows 2.5” SSD’s to easily achieve 500MB/sec in transfer rate, which overcomes the 3.5” SATA hard drives in every category except capacity. Therefore, maximize the capacity in a limited space becomes the most important task that many storage consulting firms are faced with often. For SFF systems, we introduce the Icy Dock MB992SK-B 2.5" SATA Mobile Rack solution for use in 3.5" device bays (Floppy bay). Suggested applications in Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved by Tier 1 companies for the full metal construction used. Utilizing its small form factor, The MB992SK-B is perfect for use in industrial PCs, SMB SFF servers, mobile DVR systems, or even home servers. The ability to house 2 x SATA SSD or HDD in a single 3.5” bay makes it a valuable asset, such as, building small RAID 1 backups for SMB workstation or fast RAID 0 arrays for powerful personal computer. To keep cables from cluttering, a single SATA 15 power pin is used to ease installation. Save as much as space while maintaining the speed and capacity, which is the beauty of the MB992SK-B.