StarTech.com USB C PCIe Card
- INCREASE YOUR USB CAPABILITIES: Add four USB Type-A ports with two independent 10Gbps channels to your computer, through a PCI Express slot with this PCIe to USB adapter card
- ENHANCE YOUR COMPUTER'S PERFORMANCE: By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you're ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-A devices
- SHARED BANDWIDTH: This PCI Express USB adapter card features dual independent channels to your computer and shares 10Gbps of bandwidth between two USB ports
- ADD A USB TYPE C DEVICE: For more flexibility, you can couple the USB 3.1 PCI-e card with a USB-C to USB-A cable and connect your USB Type C devices
- RELIABLE SUPPORT: Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty, this USB 3.1 PCI Express expansion card has free lifetime technical support
This USB 3.1 PCIe card lets you add four USB Type-A ports to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. With two independent 10Gbps channels, the card makes it easy to upgrade your PC to the faster speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 so that you can access newer peripherals at twice the speed of traditional USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) cards.
When multiple devices are connected, traditional single-bus USB cards share your maximum bandwidth between all ports. By employing two host controller chipsets, shared across two ports rather than four, this 4-port USB 3.1 card dedicates up to 10Gbps for each set of two USB ports. It reduces performance bottlenecks and doubles your total available bandwidth to 20Gbps.
With higher data throughput support, this PCI Express USB 3.1 card is a necessity for external hard drives, hard drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the USB card includes an optional SATA or LP4 power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.1 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The card is ideal for use with large external storage solutions.
The 4-port USB 3.1 card features dual independent channels to your computer and shares 10Gbps of bandwidth between two USB ports.
Each set of two ports shares a combined bandwidth of 10Gbps. If a single device is accessing the channel, the card will provide data transfer rates of up to 10Gbps to the device. If two devices are accessing the channel simultaneously, the 10Gbps of bandwidth will be shared between both devices.
With four external USB-A ports you can connect more devices to your computer, such as flash drives and external drives. You can connect to both current and future high-bandwidth USB-A devices. The USB 3.1 card is backward compatible with older USB 3.0/2.0 devices that use a USB-A port.
The PEXUSB314A2V is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.